Below is a list of our current privacy policies we maintain:
- Lab-Aids Website & Lab-Aids Store Website (lab-aids.com & store.lab-aids.com)
- Lab-Aids Portal Website (portals.lab-aids.com)
- LabHub App / Software
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place an order.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
17 Colt Court
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779 USA
For over 55 years, Lab-Aids®, Inc. (“Lab-Aids” or “we”) has been developing, manufacturing, and publishing core curriculum and supplementary programs that help students better understand science concepts through direct experience.
In the course of providing our educational products and services, we take numerous measures to maintain the security and confidentiality of personal information collected or stored by Lab-Aids on behalf of State Educational Agencies, School Districts, and other individual customers (“customers”). In doing so, we enable our customers to control use, access, sharing, and retention of personal information in compliance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations (“Applicable Privacy Laws”).
Scope of this Policy
This Policy describes:
- what information is collected on behalf of customers via our products and services;
- how Lab-Aids uses that information;
- with whom Lab-Aids shares that information; and
- what steps Lab-Aids takes to safeguard this information and ensure that our customers remain in control of their data at all times.
Types of Information Collected
There are two types of information that Lab-Aids collects and stores on behalf of our customers:
(i) information provided by the customer to support the use of our products and
(ii) information provided by students, teachers, and other school personnel in the course of using our products.
Information provided by our customers
Most of Lab-Aids’ online educational products require some basic information about who is in a classroom and who teaches the class. For example, when a teacher logs into a Lab-Aids Portal that provides student assessment results, a list of students associated with that teacher may be displayed. Lab-Aids’ software looks this information up in a database that contains roster information that the School District supplied to Lab-Aids.
Information collected through our products
Our customers use Lab-Aids products and services to improve educational outcomes. Students and teachers use our products to engage in a variety of educational experiences, some of which entail inputting personal information. This information falls into several different categories listed below along with examples for each category:
- Student responses: Students may provide answers to assessments and input other student work.
- Teacher comments and other input: Teachers may enter notes on instructional strategies, student performance and needs, or provide other education-related content or observations using Lab-Aids products and services.
- Photos, videos, and audio files: Tablets and other devices have image, video and audio recording capabilities that can be used by students and educators for learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Online forums and other community features: Some of our products and services may enable students and teachers to share their information on online forums, chat, blogs, or other community services to which they are able to post information and materials.
- Device and browser data: Characteristics of device and browser configurations and persistent identifiers, such as IP addresses and device identifiers, may be collected along with associated usage data. This data may be collected to support the security mechanisms of the product and our internal operations, as well as to enable analysis of aggregate usage trends and improve the learning and user experience.
- System usage: Lab-Aids may collect system usage information, such as the number of requests a device makes and the number of devices used by an account, in order to ensure proper system capacity for all users.
Use of Information
Lab-Aids uses information collected and stored on behalf of our customers to support the user and learning experience and to ensure secure and effective operation of our products. In particular, Lab-Aids may use the information collected in the following ways:
- to provide our educational products and services and to support customers’ and their end users’ activities;
- to respond to the inquiries and fulfill the requests of customers and their end users;
- to send administrative information to customers and their end users;
- in the case of customer personnel (e.g., teachers and administrators), to send product information to such personnel;
- to personalize end users’ experience with our products and services;
- to improve the effectiveness of our products and support our product development;
- to report on aggregate trends and usage statistics; any reported data will not disclose any personal information, nor will it disclose details about any individual user;
- to enforce product access and security controls; and
- to conduct system audits and improve protections against the misuse of our products.
We do not share, sell, or lease any kind of information collected to any third parties for their marketing uses.
Disclosure of Information
We will only share personal information stored on behalf of our customers with third parties if authorized by the relevant SEA, School District or customer and in the following situations, to the extent we believe in good faith it is necessary or appropriate and permitted by law:
- to comply with the law, respond to requests in legal or government enforcement proceedings (such as complying with a subpoena), protect our rights in a legal dispute, or seek assistance of law enforcement in the event of a threat to our rights, security or property or that of our affiliates, customers, end users or others;
- in the event Lab-Aids or its assets are acquired or transferred to another party, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, provided that such disclosure will be subject to this Policy and any successor to the relevant business will be required to comply with this Policy with respect to information collected under this Policy;
- to work with third parties who conduct studies or assist us in providing and improving our products and services, such as platform, infrastructure, software and other types of service providers, agents, partners and researchers. We contractually bind such parties to protect personal information by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Lab-Aids.
Some of our products and services may be used in conjunction with or enable access to third party services and products, such as those from operating system providers, social media platforms, wireless service providers, device manufacturers, and other application or service providers.
This Policy does not address, and Lab-Aids is not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of such third parties, including any third party operating any service to which a Lab-Aids product or service links. SEA, School Districts, and customers should carefully consider which third party applications to include among the products and services they provide to students and vet the privacy and data security standards of those providers individually.
Lab-Aids uses industry standard administrative, technical, operational and physical measures to safeguard personal information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
In the event Lab-Aids discovers or is notified of an unauthorized disclosure of personal information within our possession or control, we will, as required by applicable federal and state laws, investigate, take steps to mitigate the potential impact, provide notice of the breach to applicable agencies, including School Districts and customers.
Review and Correction
FERPA requires schools to provide parents with access to their children’s education records, and parents may request that the school correct records that they believe to be inaccurate or misleading. If you are a parent or guardian and would like to review, correct or update your child’s personal information stored in our product or service, contact your School District. Lab-Aids will work with your School District to enable your access, if required by law, and correct your child’s education records, if applicable.
If you have any questions about whom to contact or other questions about your child’s personal information, you may contact us using the information provided below.
We will retain personal information collected from School Districts and customers for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and our agreement with that SEA, School District, or customer. Specifically, at the direction of our customers, Lab-Aids will return or destroy personal information stored by Lab-Aids in accordance with applicable law and customer requirements.
Updates to this Policy
We may change this Policy in the future. For example, we may update it to comply with new laws or regulations, to conform to industry best practices, or to reflect changes in our product offerings. Such changes to the Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on our website. However, in the event there are material changes in our practices with respect to use and disclosure of personal information, we will notify School Districts and customers affected by the changes, and the changes will become effective when the School District or customer accepts the new policy.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
17 Colt Court
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
phone: (800) 381-8003
 “Personal information” means any student information defined as personally identifiable information under FERPA or as personal information under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). This includes the student’s name, email, and other information that, alone or in combination, would allow a reasonable person in the school community to identify the student with reasonable certainty.
 “State Educational Agency” or “SEA” means the educational agency primarily responsible for the supervision of public elementary and secondary schools in any of the 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia or other territories and possessions of the United States, as well as a national or regional ministry or department of education in other foreign countries, as applicable.
 “School District” means a local educational agency, school network, independent school or other school system.
 “individual customers” means any individual, parent, student, teacher, or other educator (or group thereof) that uses the product and/or service outside of a School District, local educational agency, school network, independent school, or other school system.
Our software applications and mobile apps do not collect, store, or transmit any data to Lab-Aids or any third parties. This is true of the applications regardless of the platform on which they are run which includes iOS, Android, and Chromebook. The Labhub applications never display any advertisements to users, and are intended for users over the age of 13 years old.
17 Colt Ct.
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779