Please refer to this School Setup Details document for more detail on the following steps. Or, click the title of each step for more detail.
If you have been set up as a "District Admin" instead of a "School Admin", you will need to complete the steps below for each school. If you need the previous instructions on how to add schools and assign licenses to schools, please click here for District Admin instructions. (These District Admin setups are rare.)
- Where to log in: https://portals.lab-aids.com or lab-aids.com > Book Login > New Login
- Username: Your email address
- Password: You should have received an email with your password when you were initially set up.
- If you don't know your username or password, please let us know ASAP by emailing email@example.com.
- We recommend changing your password upon login by clicking on your account in the upper right corner.
2. Add classes
Add classes that associate students and teachers (i.e. Mrs. Smith 6th Period)
- If you're also rostering yourself as a teacher, you'll need to use a separate email address.
- If you only have a few teachers, it's probably easier to add them manually.
- You can bulk upload -- be sure to follow the guidelines on the Bulk Teacher Upload page.
- You can bulk upload -- be sure to follow the guidelines on the Bulk Student Upload page
- After uploading, please check your email for a status email. This will include a description of any errors.
- License > Assign
- If you have been given two licenses for the same set of content, you'll need to assign both of those licenses to your teachers.
- How to assign licenses to teachers FAQ
- This video will help: https://vimeo.com/319575835/c114d97a7a
- Note: If you are a District Admin and you are managing the schools under your account, you will need to go back and complete step number 3 on the district admin setup page so that you are assigning licenses to the specific teachers from each school.
Then, once you have completed the above steps:
6. FOR TEACHERS: Your teachers will then need to assign books to their students
- Overview of portal: https://lab-aids.com/portal-navigation-basic-overview
- Teachers can also refer to the FAQ document for questions