Lab-Aids® has been working hard to adapt in a year unlike any other. The biggest question on our minds is: how do we best support our teachers and students in a remote or distanced environment?
FOR ISSUES AND SCIENCE, THIRD EDITION
- Remote Learning Activity Packets by Unit
- Additional Digital Simulations
- Hands-on@home Material Sets
New Remote Learning Packets include Student Sheets from Issues and Science, Third Edition that:
- can easily be posted to students through a remote learning platform
- fillable for students to complete online
- directly link to the connected video, when applicable
- include additional interactive graphics, when applicable
To start, we focused on our beloved card sort activities and turned them into simple simulations that run just like the originals. Students can use these remotely or in a distanced classroom group through their Student Portal.
The first batch was released in mid-September with another group to follow later in late 2020.
We've added ReadSpeaker to all of our Lab-Aids Portals, middle and high school, to make the learning environment more accessible to all students.
- improves comprehension
- helps students stay at peer level
- provides study independence
These individually packaged per-student material kits include one set of equipment for select, safe activities in each unit of Issues and Science, Third Edition: Redesigned for the NGSS. We've carefully chosen investigations and labs that can be done safely at home for students to complete independently, or with their classmate online during synchronous or small group instruction. Shipped to the school or district, materials are individually packaged and labeled for immediate distribution.
ALREADY AVAILABLE ON THE PORTAL
- LABsent packets for middle school
- LABsent videos for middle school
- Editable PowerPoints for all activities
- Supporting Simulations for appropriate activities
Activities for 110 middle school lessons have been modified for a student away from the classroom. Students access the editable and interactive student sheets and, when appropriate, videos so that they can collect and analyze the data and return to their group caught up and ready to move on.
Available for Second and Third Edition Issues and Science.
Activities middle school lessons have been modified for a student away from the classroom. Students access the student sheets and, in over 90 activities, a video, so that they can collect and analyze the data and return to their group caught up and ready to move on.
Each and every lesson is supported by a PowerPoint that encourages a student-driven classroom.
Fully editable, the slides can be customized as needed to best support the unique needs of individual classrooms.
Simulations follow and enhance a concrete classroom experience. Simulations are used as models when a first-hand experience is not possible.
ADDITIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL RESOURCES
Lab-Aids® has compiled some internal and external resources to provide additional support for your remote or physical classrooms.
- Additional simulations and web resources from SEPUP
- Video example of one way to do remote learning with SEPUP
- Activities that can be skipped, given time constraints
- Lab-Aids® equipment cleaning poster
- suggested PhET simulations by unit
- suggested Gizmos simulations by PE and unit (for Gizmos users)
- Join our SEPUP Middle School Facebook group to join over 350 other SEPUP teachers, all working towards similar goals.