Lab-Aids' Online Portal is fully integrated with Google Classroom. This integration eliminates the need for manual rostering by using Google Classroom to import students, teachers, and classes to our Portal. This integration also provides SSO for teachers and students. Teachers can have students log into the portal using "Log in with Google" to use the portal with its full functionality. Teachers can also assign books to students and have the books appear in the Google Classroom class streams for students to access.
The following requirements must be met for a successful Google Classroom integration with the Lab-Aids Portal. Please see the Google Classroom Integration Guide for further integration information.
- All users that need access to our curriculum must be users of Google Classroom, not just G Suite.
- All teachers that need access to our curriculum must be willing/able to actively use Google Classroom on a daily basis. Depending on the district, teachers may need to be willing/able to set up their own Google Classrooms.
- User roles (teacher vs. learner) must be established for all users.
- Note: Students that have the "create course" permission will be rostered as teachers.
- All users must be part of a Class defined in Google Classroom.
- The G Suite Super Admin must serve as the admin for your Lab-Aids Portal account. This can also be an admin service account with domain-wide authority, which mimics the same authority of a Super Admin account. More info found on stack overflow.
Other Important Notes:
- Both teachers and the G Suite Super Admin have the ability to choose which class rosters we sync to our platform. Individually selecting all of these classes can be tedious for large districts, and instead an option exists to sync all classes (and therefore all students) on your G Suite domain.
- We offer two methods of selecting classes to sync, described in more detail on our Google Classroom Integration Guide.
- Users are rostered if they are in an active status and are associated with at least one class.