The Lab-Aids Portal offers integration with Google Classroom. Google Classroom Integration eliminates the need for manual rostering by syncing teachers, students, and classes from Google Classroom, and it offers Single Sign-On for teachers and students via the "Log in with Google Classroom" button. Our Google Classroom Integration Guide contains more setup information.
Functionality of Google Classroom integration with Lab-Aids Portal:
- Teachers or admins will select classes to sync.
- Teachers will post books to class streams for students to access.
- Students access the portal either by logging into the portal directly or by clicking on book links in Google Classroom.
- No manual rostering is required, since rosters are synced from Google Classroom.
- SSO with Google
The following requirements must be met for a successful Google Classroom integration with the Lab-Aids Portal:
- All users that need access to our curriculum must be users of Google Classroom, not just Google Workspace.
- All teachers that need access to our curriculum must be willing/able to actively use Google Classroom on a regular basis. Depending on the district, teachers may need to be willing/able to set up their own Google Classrooms.
- User roles (teacher vs. learner) must be established for all users.
- Note: Students that have the "create course" permission will be rostered as teachers.
- All users must be part of a Class defined in Google Classroom.
Schools/Districts can select from two methods of selecting classes to sync, described in more detail on our Google Classroom Integration Guide:
- Teacher sync: This is our default recommendation. Teachers select their own classes to sync. Superadmin username is not needed for this option.
- Admin sync: Not used unless request by district. Superadmin selects classes to sync (typically all classes on the domain are selected). Superadmin username is required for this option. This can also be an admin service account with domain-wide authority, which mimics the same authority of a Super Admin account. More info found on stack overflow.
- Users are synced if they are in an active status and are associated with at least one class that has been selected to sync.
- Students that have the "create course" permission will be rostered as teachers.