If students do not submit a test by the original due date, the teacher can reassign the test with a new due date for those specific students.
1. Navigate to the Assessment > Evaluation menu and click the arrow under "Pending Evaluation".
2. Scroll down and click on the "Not Responded" heading.
3. Select/deselect students and click "Reassign". Select due date and click "OK".
4. Student logs in, clicks the "assessment" menu, clicks on the reassigned assessment, and completes/submits the assessment. If student attempted and saved any questions prior to the test expiring, those responses will be preserved when student attempts to continue the reassigned test.
5. Teacher can now see additional students' submissions by navigating back to the "Evaluation" menu, clicking on the arrow next to pending evaluation, and clicking the "Pending Evaluation" section.
6. From here, teacher can now evaluate students' assessments.
- Will reassigning a test delete any prior submissions/evaluations from other students? No. When reassigning a test, existing submissions by other students are saved and are not affected. Reassigning a test only reassigns the test for students who did not complete the test by the original due date.
- When student is reassigned an assessment that was already in progress, will their data be deleted? No -- when an assessment is reassigned and a student who previously answered some questions resumes the assessment, the previous responses are preserved and student will resume the test where they left off. Student can change previous responses if desired.
- If the same test is assigned to multiple classes/groups with different due dates, only the due date most recently assigned will be preserved. Meaning, if Mrs. Smith assigns Test XYZ to Class 1 with a due date of today at 4pm and later assigns the same Test XYZ to Group 1 with a due date of December 31, the due date of the test will be December 31 for both Class 1 and Group 1.
- If some students need a different due date than other students, there are two ways to proceed:
- Option 1: Assign the same test to all students, and when the due date passes, reassign the test to the students who didn't complete it by the original due date. Choose the new due date.
- Option 2: Create a group for each subset of students, then create a separate test for those students (clone the test and choose a different name). Assign one test to the group needing the standard due date, and assign the second test to the group needing a different due date.
- When assigning/reassigning, checking the "Available after due date" allows students to submit the rest after the due date. Any test assigned with the "Available after due date" checkbox selected will display a red "late" tag if student has not submitted the test by the due date, but student can still submit the assessment after the due date.