With a Google Classroom integration, old class/teacher/student data cannot be deleted manually. This page explains the process for removing old class/teacher/student data. While old data may "clutter" the account, old data does not cause any functional issues. Deleting old data is optional.
Please note: if a user is deleted but is still associated with a class that has been selected to sync, the user will sync back into the Portal after deletion.
There is no lapse in access with this method, and teachers' accounts will be preserved. This method requires teacher participation prior to deletion.
Instructions for this method:
1. Please have all Lab-Aids teachers update their class sync selections so that the classes selected to sync are only for the current school year.
- How teachers update class sync selections: Log into your Lab-Aids Portal account. Wait for the automatic sync to finish (refresh the screen until sync status is "launched"). Click on Settings > Google Classroom v2, and click "Start Sync" or "Edit". Select/deselect classes and proceed through each page.
2. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org when all Lab-Aids teachers have updated their class sync selections.
- If you would also like to have some teacher accounts deleted, please include the teacher usernames to delete/keep.
3. Lab-Aids will delete all existing classes and students, along with any applicable teachers.
4. After all existing classes/students and applicable teachers are deleted, teachers will log into the portal, and only the users associated with the newly-selected classes will sync.
5. Teachers will need to assign books to classes again.
With this method, all teacher/student/class account data will be deleted. There are some caveats to this method:
- Teachers will lose all data (notes, highlights, bookmarks, custom assessments, homework/assessments, etc.) from their existing accounts, since their accounts will be deleted and re-created. If they do have data they'd like to retrieve, they will need to log in and retrieve that data prior to deletion.
- After deletion, teachers will need to log in and sync their classes, and admins will need to assign licenses to teachers again.
- Teachers may experience a short lapse in access once the account data is deleted. The length of time depends on how long it takes for a) teachers to log back in after deletion and b) admin to assign licenses to teachers.
Instructions for this method:
- Notify teachers that their accounts will be deleted and to log in and retrieve any data from their accounts if desired. If they don't have any data they'd like to retrieve, they don't need to take any action.
- Notify email@example.com when you are ready to have all classes/teachers/students deleted.
- Lab-Aids will delete all teacher/student/class account data and notify you when complete. Admin data will not be deleted.
- Notify teachers to a) log into the portal and sync their classes and b) tell Admin when they have done this.
- Admin will need to assign licenses to teachers.
- Teachers will then need to assign books to students.